In my last blog, I mentioned that grave worshiping is an ideology about the saints being alive in their graves, listening and solving people’s problems. The head of this spiritual order is known as Hazrat Abdul Qadir Jilani RA. The followers of this spiritual order call him with self made name as Ghaus e Azam (The biggest Helper).
So in the routine, they have their own rituals that they follow strictly. One of them is that on every Thursday night, after Isha Prayer (night prayer) they will gather around the graves of their spiritual leaders (Peers) and sit there reciting many of their own made poetic verses. One of those verses are one of the reasons that made me realize that what I was doing was wrong.
Self Made Verses That Negates Quran
This is the link to what they recite (https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=7x5CibZiP-U) and following is its meaning.
- Help me, help me, relieve me from grief, so that I become happy in this world and hereafter, Oh Ghaus e Azam Dastageer (Your Hands Holds the Power). Help me, help me, relieve me from Grief, you are the helper of the helpless, Oh Ghous e Azam.
- In your hand, I have given my hand, your hand possesses all the honor, Oh Ghaus e Azam, You have already saved the drowned ones, and now please save us the drowning people, Oh Ghaus e Azam.
- I swear that you have not found the impossible to be difficult, whenever we have called you, Oh Ghaus e Azam. With your blessing you have guided all those on the journey (of spirituality), please cast your blessed gaze toward us.
- This heart, this liver, these eyes, this head, whenever you want to bless, put your footsteps, Oh Ghaus e Azam. Where should I go and share my issue, who else will listen apart from you, Oh Ghaus e Azam.
- This is the prayer for all of the sorrowed, Ghause e Azam Al Madad (oh helper, help us) Dastagir (his hands hold the power of help). By mentioning your name, all of our hardships are hung, with your name we prisoners (of sin) gain freedom (from sin).
- However, and whoever you wish to give, your mercy is unique and your generosity is immeasurable.
- Why shouldn’t you be a distributor of Allah’s Blessing, as you are the son of Ali and why shouldn’t you be the one who possesses authority, as the holy prophet is your father.
- Why shouldn’t your status be so elevated as you are the son of Imam Ali RA. Your feet rest on the shoulders of all the saints, you are such a friend of Allah,Oh Ghaus e Azam. Congratulation to you for being given authority, may your disciples be bestowed with blessings.
- The house is Attributed to me, the dog is attributed to the house, but as I am your dog, I have your leash around my neck like a dog of yours, as a dog of yours, we would never be forsaken, may your leash remain around my neck forever. Your followers would sacrifice their lives in hundreds for you, you have been made authority and we are your people.
- Help me Ghaus e Azam, I am empty handed, help me oh head of faith, help me, Oh Kaaba of belief, oh helper please help me, keep my respect in both worlds, even if I am bad or good, however I am, I am still known as a dog of your doorstep.
In these verses they call the saint helper, asking his protection, calling him the one with the authority and many more things which are completely against the teaching of Prophet Muhammad PBUH and the holy Quran. Following are some of the Quran verses that address this topic.
- Indeed, those you call upon besides Allah are servants like you. So call upon them and let them respond to you if you should be truthful. [Chapter 7, Verse 194]
- Say, “I (Muhammad) hold not for myself [the power of] benefit or harm, except what Allah has willed. And if I knew the unseen, I could have acquired much wealth, and no harm would have touched me. I am not except a warner and a bringer of good tidings to a people who believe.” [Chapter 7, Verse 188]
- If you invoke them, they do not hear your supplication ,and if they heard, they would not respond to you and on the Day of Resurrection, they will deny your association. And none can inform you like [one] Acquainted [with all matters]. [Chapter 35, Verse 14]
- And those they invoke other than Allah can create nothing, and they [themselves] are created. They are, [in fact], dead, not alive, and they do not perceive when they will be resurrected. Your god is one God. But those who do not believe in the Hereafter – their hearts are disapproving, and they are arrogant. [Chapter 16, Verse 20-22]
- He causes the night to enter the day, and He causes the day to enter the night and has subjected the sun and the moon – each running [its course] for a specified term. That is Allah, your Lord; to Him belongs sovereignty. And those whom you invoke other than Him do not possess [as much as] the membrane of a date seed. [Chapter 35, Verse 13]
- O mankind, you are those in need of Allah, while Allah is the Free of need, the Praiseworthy. [Chapter 35, Verse 15]
- Is He [not best] who responds to the desperate one when he calls upon Him and removes evil and makes you inheritors of the earth? Is there a deity with Allah? Little do you remember. [Chapter 27, Verse 62]
- O people, an example is presented, so listen to it. Indeed, those you invoke besides Allah will never create [as much as] a fly, even if they gathered together for that purpose. And if the fly should steal away from them a [tiny] thing, they could not recover it from him. Weak are the pursuer and pursued. [Chapter 22, Verse 73]
- And they worship other than Allah that which neither harms them nor benefit them, and they say, “These are our intercessors with Allah ” Say, “Do you inform Allah of something He does not know in the heavens or on the earth?” Exalted is He and high above what they associate with Him. [Chapter 10, Verse 18]
- And do not invoke besides Allah that which neither benefits you nor harms you, for if you did, then indeed you would be of the wrongdoers.’ “And if Allah should touch you with adversity, there is no remover of it except Him; and if He intends for you good, then there is no repeller of His bounty. He causes it to reach whom He wills of His servants. And He is the Forgiving, the Merciful. [Chapter 10, Verse 106-107].
I hope these few verses from Quran are more than enough to prove that these so-called givers, healers, helpers and providers. These are nothing but the names of pious people that were on the righteous path in their times. Later on people used their names and attached wrong meanings to their teachings for personal gains. Every Thursday night these rituals are done in the name of religion and it has nothing to do with it. It was one of the eye-openers for me.